Wednesday, June 22, 2005

IMF Newsletter: Chemo Advice: Tea, Porridge and OTC Options

We've continued gathering chemo advice and once again have a wonderful collection of tips to share. Every cancer patient faces the challenge of keeping a good quality of life as treatment decisions come along. Sometimes they seem overwhelming, so we're hopeful that the advice shared here helps you or someone you know feel a little less alone and a little better educated on what to expect when facing the prospect of cancer treatment.

"I am 63 and chemo still makes me sick even with my meds. But my friend got me some peppermint tea and I got over being sick, so I drink about two cups a day. What a difference it makes!"

"During my Chemo cycles involving 40 pills a day for 3 days, each cycle my savior was to take homemade thick porridge with milk and sugar and take the pills either before, during or after, all according to the instructions. As a result I felt fine considering, had no stomach problems and managed to get to work almost without a break. I hope others find this useful."

"I found that I would become extremely constipated within 3-5 days of chemo. A nurse in the oncology department suggested I take magnesium citrate. I found the product at my local pharmacy and started using it immediately. It has now become my chemo partner. From then on, on my second day of chemo, I would drink mag-citrate over ice each day. What a relief."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter