Saturday, October 29, 2005

Dana Farber Boston Marathon challenge

A good friend, Dr. Joel Rothaizer, is running in the upcoming Boston Marathon to raise money for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, a world-leading Multiple Myeloma research site.

He is running in memory of his mother Harriet, whose life was cut short by Multiple Myeloma.

When I was originally diagnosed in 2002, I visited the Dana Farber Institute for a 2nd opinion. It is a marvellous cancer center, staffed with caring and knowledgeable people. For me it was a beacon of hope.

It is an excellent place to donate funds. It is a simple as following this URL:

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=113292&lis=1&kntae113292=76215443D8294D599C9F6A57441F608C&supId=98437596

Here is Joel's note:

I'm excited to be running the Boston Marathon on April 17th. I'm equally excited to be participating in the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge, supporting the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's goal to find better therapies, and ultimately, cures for cancer.

100% of the funds raised go to a program that enables gifted young scientists at the leading edge of discovery to achieve better cure rates and to enhance patients' quality of life.

I've set a goal of collecting $26,200, or $1,000 for each mile that I run. I hope you will support my challenge by giving a gift and, in doing so, help bring an end to the challenge of cancer.

I'll be running in memory of my mother, Henrietta Rothaizer, who died of multiple myeloma at far too young an age, and carrying her picture. I'll be delighted to carry the names and/or pictures of any of your loved ones. This can be because they're currently being treated for cancer, already departed, or for any other reason that touches your heart.

Please consider giving generously to this great cause. And wish me luck! This has been a dream of mine.

Warmly,
Joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Hit Counter